Saturday, January 07, 2012

Week 2 Will Be Better

There were small victories this week regarding my health makeover, but quite honestly, I did not do what I set out to do. There were a couple emotional challenges this week, and I suspect there will be next week as well. That's when work gets into full swing, my new German classes start, and I think I might be joining a bowling league (that will actually be fun, I think). I'm going to try to live my plan, but I suspect it will be easier in week 3, when a routine begins falling into place. I sort of hit bottom emotionally yesterday, mainly relating to work. I think there might be legitimate avenues opening up there in which I can appropriately express myself, and that will be most helpful. We have a new director, and I have high hopes for her. They are going to redesign our building, and the open office/hoteling plan is a source of much contention. I think it will go forward with or without our enthusiasm, though, so I might as well try to look forward to it. I just want it to hurry up and be done because I know what it's like to live "under construction." I have also started looking into renewing certifications, memberships, and so on, so that kind of professional development is on the docket for next week.

No comments: